Friday, February 8, 2008

More Spinners !!



I finally got my hands on the Autumn Fest stamp set. I had it on my wish list ever since it came out in the Fall/Winter collection but I've never got around to buying it, even when it was on sale. I have to say I got it for a bargain price now that it's retired. I know it's not fall season but I just had to make at least one card with the set. And to go with the retired set I used retired Cranberry Crisp ink paired with Bravo Burgundy card stock. I knew I wanted to do one sheet wonder for the background so I stamped a large piece of very vanilla in colors that I randomly picked. I cut it into 4 pieces and layered with bravo burgundy, pumpkin pie and purely pomegranate.
Then I could not decide what to do next. Any other layer was covering up my pretty leaves and ruining my background effect. The spinner acorn was exactly what it needed and I am very happy with it. To top off my retired item "rebellion" (so tired of always thinking everything I make needs to be current) I used a long retired sentiment set that I absolutely love and will always keep. I think it gives the card the right amount of "jazz". So here you have it, a useless card that cannot be demonstrated, sent to SU! for submission or used for a swap, but I still love it. I am definitely stocked up on all my masculine birthdays come fall !!!

Stamp Set: Autumn Fest
Card Stock: Purely Pomegranate, Bravo Burgundy, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Only Orange, Cranberry Crisp, Bravo Burgundy, Rose Red
Accessories: Circle Punches and Spiral Punch

No comments: