Thursday, April 3, 2008

Christmas in April - Paper Tole Cardinal









I have a few more paper tole cards for you. The technique is great since you really don't need anything but a pair of scissors and some dimensionals . Oh, and plenty of patience, ha ! I went through my retired sets (after I discovered none of my current sets will work) to select some to play with and layer and the Cardinal was definitely on my list. A little challenging with the snow and leaves mingled into the main image but it was worth it. I used a real red marker to color the bird and mellow moss for the leaves. I used Wild Wasabi textured card stock and the same print of Prints designer paper in wasabi and real red. The finished card could be both a holiday greeting or a masculine card for someone born in January or February (or any time 'till May if you live in Maine, ha !). Anyway, so much for a Christmas stamp set in the middle of 70's temps here in Oklahoma.

No comments: