Thursday, January 31, 2008

Prehistoric Card


I have a large collection of retired sets, many of them rare. I feel bad I don't reach for them as often so I decided to revisit some of them at least once a month. I used the Weathered background stamp for the texture and discovered a "technique" by mistake (probably how many of them are discovered in the first place). I stamped the weathered background horizontally but did not like the way it looked so I stamped it again vertically but forgot to turn over the card stock !! However, the result was a reptile skin effect and it goes perfect with the rest of the card

Stamp Set: Dinosaur Days, Weathered
Card Stock: Going Grey, Mellow Moss, Not Quiet Navy, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black, Mellow Moss, Creamy Caramel, Not Quite Navy
Embellishments: Black and Moss grosgrain ribbon

No comments: